- How do I find out if my paper is in scope for the Society for Science and Education, UK (SSE-UK) journal
- How do I submit my paper to the SSE-UK journal?
- After how much time my article will be published and made available for on-line access after acceptance?
- Should I use the template for submission?
- What type of file format is acceptable?
- What is the maximum number of pages allowed per paper?
- Are all submitted articles peer reviewed?
- Is it possible to recommend guest reviewers for my paper?
- Will my willingness to pay an author fee affect whether my article is reviewed?
- What kind of papers will be rejected without review?
- Is it possible for me to talk to the journal secretary over phone about my paper?
- How much total fee do I have to pay in order to publish my research work?
- In which currency shall I pay the fee?
- How do I pay the article processing charges to a SSE-UK journal?
- Is there a fast track review system for publication?
- What is the fee refund process for SSE-UK journals?
How do I find out if my paper is in scope for the SSE-UK journal?
To establish whether your paper is suitable for any SSE-UK journal, go to the website of the concerned Journal. You will find the aims and scope on the main page of the journal’s website.
How do I submit my paper to the SSE-UK journal?
Manuscripts shall be submitted through on-line submission system of each journal by clicking “Submit Manuscript” in the navigation menu-bar on the journal’s website. The paper status in the editorial process can be easily tracked in the submission system. New users should get themselves registered in order to get access to the system.
Alternatively, the papers can also be sent to the respective journal’s editorial offices through email.
After how much time my article will be published and made available for on-line access after acceptance?
Society for Science and Education,UK is the member of CrossRef and CLOCKSS, which enables us to publish the accepted research articles as an intellectual property with a persistent and actionable identifier. After the paper is accepted and the author has paid the fee, the article will be published on-line with DOI for immediate citation within three working days, with the Online-First feature.
Should I use the template for submission?
Authors are advised to format their manuscripts according to SSE-UK’s Microsoft Word template. For the authors using Endnote for bibliography creation, an output style is available that supports the formatting of in-text citations and reference list.
What type of file format is acceptable?
MS Word (.doc & .docx) and RTF formats are acceptable.
What is the maximum number of pages allowed per paper?
There is a limit of 25 pages per manuscript. The maximum of 35 pages are allowed with additional cost per pages.
Are all submitted articles peer reviewed?
Yes, all of our articles undergo peer review. The status of the paper will be updated within 30 days from the date of paper submission. Authors will be given a week to modify and perform changes suggested by the reviewers before sending in their final manuscript.
Is it possible to recommend guest reviewers for my paper?
SSE-UK encourages authors to recommend the guest reviewers from the relevant fields to review their manuscripts. The practice is aimed at improving the communication among the experts and learners such that individual researchers get to learn more about other researchers in the community. It shall also serve the purpose for young researchers to learn from the experience of experts by interaction and getting their work evaluated from them. Nevertheless, the author must provide the institutional email address to any journal of SSE-UK for correspondence.
However, the final decision to utilize the services of any recommended reviewer rest with the editorial office. If you don’t have any candidates, we will help you to find good reviewers.
Will my willingness to pay an author fee affect whether my article is reviewed?
No, we send the payment process only after the review is completed and article is accepted for publication.
What kind of papers will be rejected without review?
Out of Scope papers, plagiarised papers, duplicate submissions and papers with improper formatting will be automatically rejected.
Is it possible for me to talk to the journal secretary over phone about my paper?
All inquiries and comments about manuscripts should be in writing. Written records can serve an important purpose in future.
How do I know if my paper submitted to SSE-UK journals worked well?
You will receive an automatic confirmation e-mail as soon as you have uploaded the paper successfully. Editors with then start the preliminary review. If there are any problems with your uploaded manuscript you will be contacted by the editors.
How much total fee do I have to pay in order to publish my research work?
The publication fee is 99£ (pounds sterling) for each article up-till 25 pages. The fee will be asked only after the review process is complete and the manuscript is accepted for publication.
In which currency shall I pay the fee?
Authors shall pay the fee in pounds sterling (GBP)
How do I pay the article processing charges to a SSE-UK journal?
You can make payment via Paypal, Major credit/debit cards, on-line bank transfer or western union money transfer. Please see the link for details. You can also ask the editorial assistant for any problems.
Is there a fast track review system for publication?
Our editorial team realizes the value of time, especially for those working in competitive and dynamic fields, and allows a fast track review system. The author can select this option while submitting the paper on-line. In this system, the peer review, the editorial decision, and the author notification on this manuscript is guaranteed to take place within two weeks. The fast track review fee is 49 £ only.
What is the fee refund process for SSE-UK journals?
- If an author decided not to publish his/her work after acceptance notification is sent and author will not be asked for a payment process.
- If an author decides to withdraw his/her paper after paying the fee, no refund can be claimed.
- If papers are found to be plagiarized after publication and are discarded, no refund can be claimed.